Shelly’s spread-fire shotgun blasts the other team with buckshot. Her Super destroys cover and keeps her opponents at a distance!
The first character you unlock in the game is Shelly. She’s a shotgun style brawler who deals more damage the closer you are to your target. Get up close and personal as you use your shotgun’s widespread to blast your enemies! Shelly Super will deal high damage in a widespread and knock back enemies, as well. Use her Super to finish a fight or to push back an attacking enemy.
Jump To ↓
Shelly’s Basic Information
Role:Mid Range Attacker, Nuker
Attack Range:7 Titles
Super Range:7.33 Tiles
Bullet's Per Attack:5
Movement Speed:2.5 Tiles/s
Star Power: Shell Shock
Shelly’s Super shells slow down enemies for 2.5 seconds!
Shelly’s boomstick fires a wide spread of pellets to a medium range. The more pellets hit, the greater the damage.
Super: Super Shell
Shelly’s Super Shell obliterates both cover and enemies. Any survivors get knocked back.
- Very high damage output at point blank range.
- Attacks from a wide cone with decent range for a shotgun. Makes landing shots simple.
- Can cripple a whole team at the same time.
- Able to stop an enemy approach before it starts because Shelly can cover an area very effectively.
- Excellent at protecting teammates due to her knockback on her Super ability.
- Ability to destroy walls & cover with Super.
- Very easy to play at a high level. Low skill cap character, which makes it a great choice for your very first Brawler.
- Average to short range. Can be kited fairly easily.
- Not a glass cannon, but when she’s in range to do damage, she had better not miss.
- No gap closer when in pursuit.
- Little utility for supporting game mode objectives besides very basic suppressing fire.
Tips & Tactics
- Great brawler for an early game mid-rush. Able to damage ALL opponents at the same time, so even if Shelly dies, her teammates can mop up a weakened squad.
- Catch your enemies off guard by using your Super to obliterate the walls that they are standing behind.
- When 1 or more enemies lurk in wait or are deliberately kiting you behind a wall or cover, wait until your teammate approaches from another direction and when the fighting is about to start, use the Super on the wall to destroy their cover, and also deal significant damage, and disorient the opponent.
- Shelly is one of the most dangerous Brawlers to stumble upon in the bushes. Try to sneak into the bushes in high traffic areas when no one is looking. Great opportunities to do this are when all of the action is taking place on the far side of the map, or when you wipe the opposing team, and they’re respawning. Shelly’s shotgun blast at short range is lethal, and can even take out weaker brawlers in a single shot.
- Don’t forget to fire upon Brawlers that are in pursuit of YOU! Just a couple of taps from your Shotgun, and they’ll have no option but to retreat.
Shelly Strategy 101
Shelly is an up close and personal brawler. Hide in the bushes and get close to your opponent to take advantage of her close-range damage. Be sneaky and really think about your positioning before picking a fight. Don’t run in blind or you’ll lose most matchups due to her slow speed.
Because of Shelly’s spread, she can do a lot of damage to a whole team at once. Especially at the beginning of a gem brawl, try to unload on as many of the enemies at once. This can be a viable strategy even if you die because you’ll have done significant damage and your team will be there to clean up the scraps. You’ll have also likely gained your super from the damage you did and be ready to be more helpful in the next fight.
Notably, shelly does max damage within 1 tile of your enemy, and less damage the farther away the enemy is. So try to get as close as possible before unloading your shells. Shelly will also be more effective if you tap her attack button while enemies are within 3 tiles, and if you manually aim her shots when enemies are farther away.
Within 3 tiles you’re unlikely to miss with the auto fire, and everyone but the highest HP enemies will die to a full set of blasts at this range. If they do manage to live, pop your super to finish them off or make a speedy getaway.
Teamwork and planning are also important for shelly, she often needs her team to finish off an opponent just out of range, or to help get away from a 1v1 fight that went poorly. While she doesn’t stack up well in 1v1’s vs most opponents, if you play to her strengths she can be an overwhelmingly strong brawler.
Favorable Matchups for Shelly
Difficult Matchups for Shelly
Best Events/Game Modes for Shelly
- Gem Grab
- Brawl Ball