Rico fires a burst of bullets that bounce off walls. His Super burst is a long barrage of bouncy bullets that pierce targets!
Rico (previously known as Ricochet) shoots bullets that ricochet! Hence the name! He is a high damage dealer with the ability to shoot bullets off the walls. Use this ability to take down your opponents from the safety of cover, or finish off an enemy trying to hide!
Jump To ↓
Rico’s Basic Information
Role:Ranged DPS, Nuker
Attack Range:9.67 Tiles
Super Range:13.33 Tiles
Bullets per Attack:6
Movement Speed:2.5 Tiles/s
Star Power: Super Bouncy
Rico's bullets, from attack and Super alike, get supercharged by their first bounce and deal +80 damage!
Attack: Bouncy Bullets
Rico’s bullets bounce off walls, gaining range. They can hit enemies behind cover.
Super: Trick Shot
Rico fires a long burst of bullets that pierce through enemies and bounce off walls, gaining range.
- Very long range attacks.
- Bullets ricochet off walls. That applies to both his regular attacks and super!
- Thrives in Bounty map due to the walls and bushes keeping him safe.
- He does well in teams where he has Melee support such as Nita’s Bear, Jessie’s turret and El Primo. They allow Ricochet to shine from range!
- Low health and susceptible to melee attackers such as El Primo and Mortis when they come in at melee range.
- Relatively high skill and harder to master to the average player.
- Needs to always be playing hide and seek to stay safe.
- Does poorly in Showdown and requires constant hiding to be in the top 5.
Tips & Tactics
- In Bounty, you will want to stay behind the center of the map. Shoot at an angle in the narrow corridors to prevent them from advancing!
- In Smash & Grab, you will want to start shooting once you can see the crystal box in the center. Utilize the walls and hide behind them to avoid getting hit.
- Use geometry to bounce bullets off at an angle to shoot your enemies. This does require skill to perfect!
- Your Super is highly effective in kiting and dealing damage to any Brawler in range.
- Avoid El Primo and Mortis at all costs. Once they gap close on you, you are toast. The best bet is to stay within El Primo’s point-blank range and deal as much damage as possible
Rico Strategy 101
A high skill, aim based brawler, Rico does what his name implies, shooting bullets that ricochet off walls and obstacles. Because of his extremely low HP, using Rico effectively will be no easy task. Stay behind walls, hide in bushes, or just stand behind teammates as you shoot from cover.
Shooting around corners and from behind obstacles is going to be your best way to deal damage while not taking damage.
Your main focus playing this support DPS is going to be to stay alive, as he loses almost all direct 1v1 fights, you will need to rely heavily on your team and cover to win your fights. Running away while shooting your enemies will be a priority as Rico outranges most opponents.
Learning to use your surroundings effectively is going to be essential to your survival and finishing off opponents.
Hallways are going to be your best friend playing Rico, being able to bounce shots at walls as you run toward or away from an enemy will be an effective way to ensure kills. Two rounds of bullets will finish off most opponents, so shooting down a hallway will ensure your bullets ricochet and ultimately hit your opponents.
Your super works effectively the same as your normal attack, the only difference being that it is stronger and its distance is slightly longer. Use the same tactics as your regular attack to bounce your shots off walls to hit enemies from behind cover.
Use your super to finish off a group of enemies that your team has damaged, or lock down a choke point as a teammate grabs some gems. While playing gem grab, never pick up gems if you have a teammate that can grab them instead.
Because of your low HP and high DPS, you will be a target for most enemies to try to pick off, so don’t pick up gems as you are likely to die more often than your teammates. The name of the game for Ricochet is hiding, deal damage, and run to new cover. If you get used to dealing damage from a very defensive position, Rico will be a very big damage dealer for your team.
Favorable Matchups for Rico
Difficult Matchups for Rico
Best Events/Game Modes for Rico
- Gem Grab