Penny shoots bags of coins, damaging the target and anyone standing behin. Her Super is a mortar-style cannon turret!
Punish a team for sticking together! Penny’s gold shot will pierce an enemy, and deal damage to enemies behind them. Her ultimate will throw a cannon on the field, and shoot enemies even if they are behind a wall!
Jump To ↓
Penny’s Basic Information
Role:Map Control, AoE/Splash Damage
Attack Range:9 Tiles
Super Range:4.67 Tiles
Cannon Range:14.33 Tiles
Movement Speed:2.7 Tiles/s
Star Power: Last Blast
When Penny's Cannon is destroyed, it shoots out one last barrage of bombs, each dealing 1680 damage.
Shoots out a pouch of fool’s gold. If the pouch hits an enemy, it bursts and coins pepper targets behind the first enemy.
Super: Last Call
Penny sets up her cannon! It can shoot at enemies at a long range, even if they are behind cover.
- Great at forcing enemies to always be moving and certainly can spot out bush hiders.
- Can use her super to zone enemies into a specific area you want them to be in
- Do the most damage when her regular attack hits the main target and those close behind them
- Does well against other long-range brawlers
- Great team player with her super cannon
- Weak in close range combat.
- Doesn’t have burst damage
- Not good in 1v1s
Tips & Tactics
- Cooperate with your team in providing them back up with your shoots from range. Charge up your super and place them in specific areas where enemies can’t hit them (behind walls, in the bushes)
- Against close range combat focused brawlers, you want to kite and avoid fighting strong melee dueller like El Primo, Mortis or Shelly.
Penny Strategy 101
Penny is another great support brawler, capable of some surprising effects and damage output. Using her main attack functions like Jessie or Colt, so if you are used to one of them when you unlock Penny, she should be an easy switch for you.
Her attack is one large bag of money that she shoots are the enemy, however, when this bag hits an enemy it explodes, and 3 coins shoot out that can damage enemies behind the first target.
This is where Penny’s strength and damage come into play. Dealing the same damage as her main attack, each coin that shoots out of her bag is capable of hitting multiple enemies, or if they are right behind her initial target, all three coins can hit 1 brawler.
This is going to be your main objective playing Penny, to get those coins to deal damage to multiple targets. If you are successful at this, you can 1 shot many squishy brawlers that are too clumped up to their teammates or deal heavy damage to the enemy team quickly.
The second reason you need to be focusing on these coins is because this is how you will quickly stack up your Supers charge, and Penny is very reliant on her super.
Because Penny does not have the burst DPS to kill most brawlers, you will need to rely on your team to finish off opponents, while you deal heavy sustained damage with your coins and ultimately, with your cannon as well.
Penny’s super is a cannon that shoots cannonballs at her enemies. While it can be slow and predictable, it deals huge damage that nobody will want to sustain. So, use her cannon to keep the enemy moving, with its extremely long range, it is effective at keeping sniper brawlers from standing behind cover, or thrower type brawlers from doing the same.
She is effectively the counter to throwers and snipers as long as your team can pick them off after your cannon forces them out from behind cover. Finally, her cannon also
Favorable Matchups for Penny
Difficult Matchups for Penny
Best Events/Game Modes for Penny
- Gem Grab
- Brawl Ball