Jessie’s Shock Rifle shoots energy orbs that bounce between enemies. Her Super deploys a cute but deadly gun turret.
Jessie is a mid-range brawler unlocked at 500 trophies. Her deployable turret is great for defense and offense. Use her turret to lock down a choke point or use it to get away. Be sure to work together with your teammates as she doesn’t have the HP to stand up to close range opponents, or the damage to easily kill them herself.
Jump To ↓
Jessie’s Basic Information
Attack Range:9 Tiles
Super Range:4.67 Tiles
Attack Target Bounce:Up To 3
Movement Speed:2.5 Tiles/s
Star Power: Energize
Jessie can repair her gun turret for 800 of its missing health by zapping it with her attack.
Attack: Shock Rifle
Jessie fires off an energy orb. After hitting a target, the orb bounces at the next target in range, hitting up to three enemies.
Jessie deploys a gun turret that automatically shoots at enemies. It’s made of 100% recycled materials.
- Decent range.
- Amazing super ability summons a gun turret that does a significant amount of damage. It cannot be left unattended.
- Primary attack will seek out the next closest target to deal damage to once the initial blast has been landed.
- Master of misdirection.
- Deceptively dangerous – She is one of the more lethal Brawlers, yet does her work quietly, and does not attract a lot of attention.
- Extremely useful to teams because the turret acts like a 4th player and teams with Jessie can very effectively lock down key areas of the map.
- One of the more well rounded Brawlers, Jessie has very few weaknesses.
- Her hit points are on the lower end, and if a stronger brawler sneaks into range, she can be dead meat.
- Single target firepower is not overwhelming.
Tips & Tactics
- Unload the primary attack at the beginning because it’s likely the opposing team will all approach together in the middle. Because her orb continues to damage multiple brawlers, you may even be able to score a triple bounce damage-dealing shot on all three shots.
- Scrappy! (the gun turret) becomes easier to dodge at a distance because the bullets are relatively slow. Place your Scrappy! In one of two ways: Directly next to your opponent as close range Scrappy never misses. OR you can throw the Scrappy far from you but in range of your target. This makes a nice attacking angle an puts pressure on whoever it is you’re pursuing. They can’t just sit behind a wall because you can flush them out and have Scrappy finish the job.
- Sometimes players do a great job of dodging your attacks or hiding behind cover so you can’t hit them. Jessie can use others to deliver damage to the intended target. Rather than leaving your protected and fortified position to shoot at a low-HP target that is hiding behind a wall, try shooting the enemy player who is approaching the scene to help out his buddy… he doesn’t know it, but he’ll be the END of his buddy when your orb redirects to the intended target and now he doesn’t have time to react. Other things you can shoot in addition to enemy brawlers are
- Jessie’s turret, OR Nita’s bear. Nita’s bear is a GREAT one to deal damage to the pursuing enemy because you can kite and avoid all damage, but as you kill the bear, not allowing Nita to build her Super juice, ALL of the shots you land on the bear will be sent at Nita (who is presumably following) with perfect accuracy.
- Engage when enemies cluster up. The ability to weaken EVERYONE is a risk worth taking with Jessie
- Try throwing your Scrappy on the OTHER side of a wall… next to where an enemy is hiding. Once he is preoccupied, time your assault on his position so that you’re hitting at the same time Scrappy is landing – TIP: Don’t put Scrappy on the field in a position where it will line up with where you will approach from. This makes it so the enemy can shoot both of you at the same time. Make them choose. It’s one, or the other… and the one they DON’T choose is likely the death of them.
Jessie Strategy 101
Jessie is going to be a staple support brawler you see in a lot of games, especially gem grab. She deals solid damage, hits multiple targets without much-aiming effort, and throws out a defense turret that will essentially add another player to your team momentarily. Using her shock rifle effectively is easy, however, you do want to try to use it when there are multiple enemies clumped together.
Because the shock rifle will hit one enemy then continue through and hit another, try to unload your ammo when there are at least 2 opponents near each other to maximize your damage output. Especially at the beginning of a gem grab, poking into the mine area, shooting at the first enemy will usually hit two if not all three opponents and leave them very hurt and wary to push into the mine area further.
Jessie’s super, a Scrappy turret- is really what makes Jessie shine through. With the HP of another brawler and dealing decent damage, it’s almost like adding another player to your team! Placement is really the key to making Jessie’s turret effective.
If you just throw it in the middle, or near the opposing team it will just get shot down instantly. Try to put your turrets behind walls at choke points, or in bushes. You want the other team to walk up close to the turret before it starts shooting, that way if they run away you still get a few more shots on them.
Ideally, you should also place it in the bushes as well. This will give you vision into those bushes, keeping your team from being surprised from that angle. This is also a viable tactic if you keep getting picked off by a sneak El Primo or Bull, just place it in the bushes and it will start shooting him and let you know to move away from that area.
Along with making a team fight essentially a 4v3 when you place your turret, it is also a great tool for escape.
Much like Nita’s bear, you can place it between you and someone chasing you to create an obstacle for you to escape with. This is often of great use in gem grab when you may need to pick up a few gems in a dangerous area.
Place the turret behind the gems you want and make a quick grab for them. The turret will deal damage and tank enough for you to get in a get out safely. Lastly, you can use your turret for offense, placing it behind an enemy running at or away from you.
This will trap them and force them to fight you, or get shot by you and your turret as they run away. Jessie will stand toe to toe with most brawlers if you keep their range in mind, so don’t be too afraid of someone charging you, just stay near your turret and you should be able to easily kite them for the kill.
Favorable Matchups for Jessie
Difficult Matchups for Jessie
Best Events/Game Modes for Jessie
- Brawl Ball
- Gem Grab