El Primo throws a flurry of punches at his enemies. His Super is a leaping elbow drop that deals damage to all caught underneath!
A short-range brawler, El Primo punches quickly with his fists, dealing a lot of very quick burst damage. With high health, use El Primo to get up and close with your opponents and cause some havoc! Nobody gets away from El Primo when he uses his ultimate, jumping a long distance to close gaps and chase enemies.
Jump To ↓
El Primo’s Basic Information
Attack Range:3 Tiles
Super Range:8.67 Tiles
Punches per Attack:2
Movement Speed:2.5 Tiles/s
Star Power: El Fuego
Enemies caught in El Primo’s Super will burn for 800 damage over 4 seconds.
El Primo’s Abilities
Attack: Fists Of Fury
El Primo fires off a furious flurry of four fiery fists. That’s a spicy jalapeno knuckle sandwich.
Super: Flying Elbow Drop
Leaping high, El Primo drops an Intergalactic Elbow that knocks around enemies and destroys cover!
El Primo’s Strength’s
- Extremely strong brawler with some the highest sustained damage output in the game.
- His range is deceptively long – much farther than you’d anticipate a melee character to be.
- In addition to hitting really, really hard… he also has a giant amount of hitpoints.
- His Flying Elbow Drop can work very well both offensively and defensively. Defensively it can be used as an Escape. Offensively you can use it to separate a straggling player from their team.
- His super also destroys walls/cover and provides a knockback effect to other brawlers. This makes him a great choice for opening up Line of sight to the safe on Heist, or for destroy cover that enemies can hide behind in Bounty or Smash & Grab.
- El Primo is never out of the fight with his ability to close the gap with his super, and if he does make it into Melee range, you can expect to lose several hundred hit points with each thundering slap sequence.
- His extreme damage and hitpoints make him the #1 choice for the Showdown game mode, and because of this, he is likely the brawler with the most overall wins on Showdown.
El Primo’s Weaknesses
- Very kitable if his super is not up.
- Prone to missing slaps if the target is in extreme proximity (basically at point blank range).
- Killing spawnables allows enemies to build super energy up.
Tips & Tactics
- Use El Primo’s superior HP to control position on the battlefield early.
- If your team is coordinating with you, make an effort to team fight immediately to get their spawns staggered apart.
- Almost any time you’ve isolated a player, take him out if your HP allows.
- Slightly pre-fire corners and angle your slaps so that they’re pointed in the proper direction as they round the corner. The game is known to allow an early (or late) slap or two on your target.
- Try not to get a false sense of confidence. As awesome as it is to steamroll the other team, remember that your presence is worth a ton to your team. Chasing a weakened opponent into their spawn at the cost of you dying, your team losing positions, and your team giving easy gems to the enemy is not going to win the game.
- El Primo makes a great mid-lockdown player because of his high HP. He can withstand a bit of enemy fire to grab a gem and fall back as his team supports his rejuvenation until the next Gem spawns.
- If you do encounter a bear in the open, make sure you are retreating away from it, using your super punching range to kill it while it cannot reach you. Standing toe to toe is not good unless of course, you feel like fighting another bear.
- Don’t forget your super ability when times are rough. You can often use it to get away, jumping over some obstacles to take away the opponent’s line of sight and then ducking behind cover further away to heal up. No one wants to chase a full health El Primo.
El Primo Strategy 101
El Primo is a nightmare damage dealer to almost any brawler in the game. In close 1v1 fights, El Primo almost can’t lose, however, because this is all balanced out by his extremely low range. At only 2.5 tiles of attackable distance, if someone sees you coming, they will easily be able to outrun you.
Therefore, the name of the game for Primo is stealth. Sneaking up on your opponent and bursting them down is going to be your number one priority, use the bushes and your teammates to force your enemies to fight close to you.
If a map has a lot of bushes around the edges, like most gem grab matches, use them to sneak all the way around behind your enemies. This will usually give you the ability to burst down one opponent, then chase the other two into your teammates.
Hiding behind walls where he can’t be hit, specifically near the gem mine is also a great strategy if your enemy sees you behind the wall, they most likely won’t make a run for a gem knowing you are there.
With El Primo’s extremely high HP, even if an opponent sees you coming, most brawlers can’t burst you down before you reach them. This also means that you are the one who needs to be picking fights for your team. You can’t sit back and rely on your team to pick people off, you need to be getting in right in the middle and starting fights with everyone!
El Primo’s Super is a giant flying elbow! He leaps into the air, dropping onto his opponents dealing a ton of damage and knocking them back in the process. Use this to get in behind enemies and start a team fight off with some big damage, or use this to get out of a fight that isn’t going well for you.
El Primo will not take damage in the air, so you can safely use it when you are in trouble and almost out of HP. Finally, Primo’s Super will also destroy bushes and obstacles, so use it to make taking objective easier for your team. Knock down the wall in front of the Safe in Heist, or clear up some room to score in Brawl Ball.
El Primo is one of the strongest brawlers in the game once you learn to be stealthy, but be careful not to get caught chasing someone who outranges you, and remembers, you’re the damage dealing tank for your team, so be aggressive!
Favorable Matchups for El Primo
Difficult Matchups for El Primo
Best Events/Game Modes for El Primo
- Brawl Ball
- Gem Grab