Barley attacks by lobbing bottles at enemies, doing splash damage. His Super is a huge barrage of burning bottles!
Barley is your friendly bartender robot! His main attack lobs bottles that explode and deal damage around the impact area. Along with his ultimate that has a much larger impact area, use barley to zone your opponent into the areas you want them!
Jump To ↓
Barley’s Basic Information
Role:Map Control, AoE/Splash Damage
Attack Range:7 Tiles
Super Range:9 Tiles
Attack Radius:3x3 Tiles
Movement Speed:2.5 Tiles/s
Star Power: Medical Use
Barley regains 300 health from each main attack.
Barley lobs a bottle, breaking it on the ground. Enemies take damage from the splash, and more damage over time if they stay in the puddle.
Super: Last Call
Barley hurls a flurry of fiery bottles, covering a huge area in flames. This one’s on the house!
- Barley has an extremely long range and a wide area of effect regular attack, allowing him to zone opponents.
- Barley does massive damage and destroys opponents when they’re grouped up together in a small area.
- He can stay safe behind walls and obstacles while dealing damage from afar.
- Barley’s Super does damage over time and has a large area of effect that burns enemies over time. It’s a great super that will annihilate enemies that are trapped in the area.
- Barley’s attacks have a slight delay, so sometimes it’ll be hard to hit good players that know how to juke.
- His Super has a casting time, so if he dies during the casting, the rest of the bottles thrown will not occur.
- Once strong melee range enemies like Shelly, Bull, El Primo or Mortis close in, he’s extremely vulnerable to dying fast.
Tips & Tactics
- Hiding behind walls and bushes is Barley’s strongest play. You’ll want to stay way out of range of most Brawlers and slowly poke them to death.
- Try to predict the path of your opponents by throwing bottles in places you think they will run into.
- Save your Super when enemies clutter up together. It’s devastating and you can kill all 3 opponents in Smash & Grab, Heist or Bounty.
- If someone’s chasing you, kite around a wall and lob the bottles behind your path to damage them over time.
Barley Strategy 101
Similar in play style to Dynamike, Barley lobs bottles that do area of effect damage and take timing to place correctly. Stand behind cover and lob bottles at your opponents, or lob them in pathways and chokepoints to prevent movement from the enemy team.
Because Barley does half his damage when a bottle explodes, and a half after a second of being on the ground, one of your main goals with barley is to zone your opponents to where you want them to go. Lobbing a bottle at a choke point will give you enough time to run and grab a gem, or prevent enemies from securing a point before your team gets there to help you.
Nobody wants to take damage they can avoid, so use this to your advantage, place bottles behind an enemy to make them stop running from you, or place a bottle at your feet to cause an enemy to stop chasing you. Is there an El Primo sneaking up on you through the bushes?
Throw some bottles in his path to make him turn around, or stop and wait while you run away! As you start to play Barley, try to predict enemy movement so your bottles will land on them. Throwing a bottle directly at an opponent will almost never hit because they are moving, learn how long it takes for the bottle to land at different distance so you can try to lead your bottle into the opponent’s path.
Barleys super is one of, if not the strongest in the game. With huge instant DPS, lasting DPS where the bottles land, and zone control as well, this super does it all. Just like his main attack but a bunch of em, try to land it on clumped enemies and you will find you are wiping whole teams out with a single super.
Also use it to secure objectives, place it just outside, or on top of the gem mine to secure the gems, place it on a safe to kill it, or place it on one side of your team to allow your team to move to an objective uncontested. Barley is an extremely good brawler with a lot of DPS and support abilities, just be careful of being caught off guard, Barley has low HP and you will likely lose most fights if someone manages to get up close to you.
Favorable Matchups for Barley
Difficult Matchups for Barley
Best Events/Game Modes for Barley
- Brawl Ball
- Gem Grab